The Legislative Committee researches, formulates and recommends to the Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, positions on public policy issues that affect the Chamber's mission.
- Meets weekly during Idaho's legislative session with local legislators to discuss issues, bill progress, and other matters of local interest.
- Designs and produces a Legislative Bookmark that is distributed to legislators in the state House and Senate. Its intent is to communicate positions on public policy issues that effect business in Eastern Idaho and Idaho Falls.
- Facilitates Chamber candidate luncheons during election seasons.
- Coordinates with the Idaho Chamber Alliance to track and advocate for legislation friendly to chamber interests statewide.
- Participates in a Business Day at the Legislature where embers tour the State Capitol, meet with area delegates and the Governor, as well as sit in on a scheduled legislative session.
CONTACT YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS: